Funeral Services

Friday, April 30, 2010
Del Sur Chapel
San Diego, CA 92129
Viewing: 9:30-10:30am
Services: 11:00am
Graveside: 1:00pm at El Camino Memorial Park
San Diego, CA 92129

Grant S. Anderson September 8, 1913 - April 20, 2010

This blog has been created to give family and friends of Grant S. Anderson the opportunity to write remembrances and share condolences.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Grant's Blog


Dad didn't have a blog or even know what a blog was. This has been created so his family and friends can write a few memories or leave a loving message. Anyone can write by using the "Comment" button below this post, or you can sign in and leave a longer note, pictures, etc.
The sign-in button is in the upper right corner of the blog. Enter "grantsymonsanderson" as the username and "photographer" for the password.
For information on funeral services and links to mapquest, see the header above.

5 comments:

  1. I have so many memories of Papa! Starting in 1996 when I moved back to San Diego and started palling around with Jana again. He was there through our fun single days, marriages and babies! He is a staple in all my wonderful Platt memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great idea Wendy!! I loved reading even more about your Dad than I already knew. I loved having your Dad in our ward the last 15 years. I loved his laugh, his warm hand shakes - yes, they were warm and friendly but I mean 'WARM'. My hands were always cold and he would always warm them up :) I loved his smile and his laugh, and I always loved his response when I noticed he had got his hair cut. He'd get a little smile and kind of act a little embarrassed that I had even noticed. Then he would be quick to point out you were his barber :) Yesterday I was thinking about him and remembering his blue one piece mechanics jumper thing he would wear. It made me smile :) I will miss seeing him in church every week...actually I've missed that for awhile. He was a wonderful man and I loved him. I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to get to know him a little. I loved that our ward had a "Grandpa" for my kids to see and be around since they had no grandparents living nearby. We love your family!!

    P.S. You do know that you can get blogs printed in book format don't you? After this blog has been up awhile and you feel like you've got all the responses you are going to get you should get it bound and printed to keep all the wonderful things that are said and written. Fred has information on it that he would be happy to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Wendy. I had to laugh at the comment about your dad not even knowing what a blog is! He, I'm sure, is happy to see this. Thanks for sharing details of his life. I have missed seeing him in church. Thank you for sharing him with the ward. He will be missed, but think of the grand reunion! I'm sure you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really cool to read and get to know him better. What a cool life. I really enjoyed seeing a picture of him back in his younger days! Wish I could be there for the funeral. I Love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I feel like I know your dad after reading about him and his wonderful life. NOW he knows what "a blog" and I am sure he is smiling with pride in all that YOU have done for and with him in those many years! You and your family and his many friends will miss him--for sure--how wonderful that we all know where he is and who he is sharing conversations with---may you be blessed and comforted at this time!!

    ReplyDelete